Certificate IV in Project Management Practice
BSB41515 Certificate IV in Project Management Practice will help you to take that next step in your career.
Whether it be to upskill your existing role or by providing you with a valuable qualification that could be utilised in a range of new employment opportunities.
Certificate IV in Project Management Practice is designed to develop your project management skills and knowledge to be a valuable member of a project management team.
This qualification is suitable for autonomous individuals who identify and apply project management skills and knowledge in a wide variety of contexts.
Job titles for these roles may include contracts officers, project administrators, quality officers and small business operators.
Certificate IV in Project Management Practice requires the completion of 9 units of competency - 3 core and 6 elective units.
- BSBPMG409 Apply project scope management techniques
- BSBPMG410 Apply project time management techniques
- BSBPMG411 Apply project quality management techniques
- BSBPMG412 Apply project cost management techniques
- BSBPMG413 Apply project human resources management approaches
- BSBPMG415 Apply project risk management techniques
- BSBPMG416 Apply project procurement procedures
- BSBPMG418 Apply project stakeholder engagement techniques
- BSBWHS401 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
Strategic Corporate Training has packaged the elective units for the course so students have the essential knowledge and skills relevant to working in a variety of industries.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer for units within this qualification are available to all students. Please contact our Admin Team for more information on the RPL pathway and Credit Transfer processes.
Assessment is based on competency, which is the ability to demonstrate specific skills.
A range of assessment methods will be utilised to assess competence in each unit within the course including group activities, projects, written questions, presentation, observation etc.
Our Certificate IV in Project Management Practice face to face course is delivered as a blended delivery program which includes classroom training, where most assessment tasks are completed, followed by self directed learning at home/work.
Face to face training is conducted at our facility in Thornton NSW which is easily accessible for individuals from the Hunter Valley, Maitland, Newcastle Region, Lake Macquarie, Central Coast, Port Stephens and Mid-North Coast areas.
Training is delivered over 5 days and is facilitated by our industry expert trainers who provide high impact learning for all students. The delivery phase involves interactive classroom training encompassing all elements of the competencies within the qualification.
This phase is followed by independent studies where students consolidate their understanding and complete the remaining assessment tasks. Students have 6 calendar months to complete the course.
Students need to bring a laptop computer to classroom training that has Microsoft Office 97 or later (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader. A computer with these specifications and internet access is required during self directed learning at home/work.
On completion of the Certificate IV in Project Management Practice course, students will be able to:
- contribute to the control of a project's scope
- assist with project scheduling activities, apply and monitor the agreed project schedule, and evaluate the effectiveness of time management for the project
- enhance project outcomes by contributing to quality planning, applying quality policies and procedures, and contributing to continuous improvement in projects
- assist in producing a project budget, to monitor project expenditure and contribute to cost finalisation processes
- assist with aspects of human resources management of a project
- assist with aspects of risk management in a project
- assist with procurement for a project
- assist in managing stakeholder relationships during a project
- implement and monitor an organisation’s work health and safety (WHS) policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
Strategic Corporate Training is an approved provider under the Smart and Skilled program for subsidised training for Certificate IV in Project Management Practice.
This training is subsidised by the NSW Government.
Under the Smart and Skilled funding, we can offer NSW residents (including employer sponsored students working in NSW) access to subsidised training which significantly reduces the cost of achieving a qualification.
A student's eligibility is not affected if they have previously completed a vocational education and training qualification.