Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management will help you to take that next step in your career.
Whether it be to upskill your existing role or by providing you with a valuable qualification that could be utilised in a range of new employment opportunities.
The qualification reflects the role of individuals working as developing and emerging leaders and managers in a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
As well as assuming responsibility for their own performance, individuals at this level provide leadership, guidance and support to others. They also have some responsibility for organising and monitoring the output of their team. They apply solutions to a defined range of predictable and unpredictable problems, and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources.
Certificate IV in Leadership and Management qualification requires the completion of 12 units of competency - 4 core and 8 elective units.
- BSBLDR401 Communicate effectively as a workplace leader
- BSBLDR402 Lead effective workplace relationships
- BSBLDR403 Lead team effectiveness
- BSBMGT402 Implement operational plan
- BSBMGT403 Implement continuous improvement
- BSBWHS401 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
- BSBRSK401 Identify risk and apply risk management processes
- TAEDEL404 Mentor in the workplace
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
- BSBMGT401 Show leadership in the workplace
- BSBLED401 Develop teams and individuals
- BSBRES411 Analyse and present research information
Strategic Corporate Training has packaged the elective units for the course so students have the essential knowledge and skills relevant to working in a variety of industries.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer for units within this qualification are available to all students. Please contact our Admin Team for more information on the RPL pathway and Credit Transfer processes.
Assessment is based on competency, which is the ability to demonstrate specific skills.
A range of assessment methods will be utilised to assess competence in each unit within the course including group activities, projects, written questions, presentation, observation etc.
Strategic Corporate Training offers both face to face delivery and online courses in Certificate IV in Leadership and Management to ensure the diverse needs of students and clients are met.
Face to Face Classroom Training
Face to face training is conducted at our facility in Thornton NSW which is easily accessible for individuals from the Hunter Valley, Maitland, Newcastle Region, Lake Macquarie, Central Coast, Port Stephens and Mid-North Coast areas.
Our Certificate IV in Leadership and Management face to face course is delivered as a blended delivery program which includes classroom training, where most assessment tasks are completed, followed by self directed learning by the student.
Training is delivered over 6 days (3 + 3 delivery days conducted over 2 months) and is facilitated by our industry expert trainers who provide high impact learning for all students.
The delivery phase involves interactive classroom training encompassing all elements of the competencies within the qualification. This phase is followed by independent studies where students consolidate their understanding and complete the remaining assessment tasks. Students have 6 calendar months to course complete.
Courses are regularly conducted at our Thornton facility and can also be delivered onsite for organisations throughout Australia for group bookings (minimum numbers apply).
Students need to bring a laptop computer to classroom training that has Microsoft Office 97 or later (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader. A computer with these specifications and internet access is required during self directed learning at home/work.
Our Certificate IV in Leadership and Management online course allows you to study at your own pace and complete the qualification as fast as you like. This delivery method is suited for highly motivated self-starters and involves independent studies however, ongoing support is provided by a dedicated trainer. Students have 6 calendar months to course complete.
To undertake the online course, students require internet access at home/work and a computer with Microsoft Office 97 or later (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader.
On completion of the Certificate IV in Leadership and Management course, students will be able to:
- communicate effectively as a workplace leader
- use leadership to promote team cohesion
- plan and supervise the performance of the team and develop team cohesion
- lead teams and individuals by modelling high standards of conduct
- implement the organisation’s continuous improvement systems
- implement and monitor an organisation’s work health and safety policies, procedures and programs
- identify risks and to apply established risk management processes to a defined area of operations
- establish and develop a professional mentoring relationship with a learner
- prepare, deliver and review a presentation to a target audience
- lead teams and individuals by modelling high standards of conduct to reflect the organisation's standards and values
- determine individual and team development needs and facilitate the development of the workgroup
- gather, organise, analyse and present workplace information using available systems
Strategic Corporate Training is an approved provider under the Smart and Skilled program for subsidised training for Certificate IV in Leadership and Management.
This training is subsidised by the NSW Government.
Under the Smart and Skilled funding, we can offer NSW residents (including employer sponsored students working in NSW) access to subsidised training which significantly reduces the cost of achieving a qualification.
A student's eligibility is not affected if they have previously completed a vocational education and training qualification.